Shanghai is known as the “sleepless city” in China, as well as the skyscraper capital of the world! After our visit, we can definitely attest that those things are true. The modern metropolis that is also brimming with history and rich culture has a lot to offer for its visitors. One of our favorite places that we love to visit is the Shanghai Oriental Pearl Tower because it is simply mesmerizing. It’s the second tallest tower in the world and located in the pristine financial district, offering the most amazing panoramic views of the city. Another cool place to visit is the historic Yuyuan Garden. It was once a private garden of the Pan family in the Ming Dynasty and features authentic Chinese art and architecture. There is also the Zhujiajiao Ancient Water Town which takes you back centuries into Chinese culture with many canals and photographic locations.
Things to do in Shanghai: Shanghai is great for shopping! We loved visiting their most popular shopping destination, Nanjing Road Pedestrian Street. Nanjing Road is a one-of-a-kind shopping experience and one of the world’s longest shopping precincts that attracts about a million visitors a day! It has a plethora of stores, including luxury designer brands as well as unique Chinese boutiques and restaurants.
The city is also a culinary food haven. Known for its authentic cultural cuisine and upscale dining, there are a wide variety of amazing restaurants to try in the city! One of our favorites is the modern Xibo restaurant. Also, if you have time and are ready to do a lot of walking, we suggest visiting Shanghai Disneyland where you can spend an amazing time with family and friends.
How to explore Shanghai in 48 hours?
Day 1, Morning:
- Breakfast at Wagas
- Relax at People’s Park
- Visit the Bund Exhibition Museum which showcases the city’s skyline transformation.
- Visit the Shanghai Centre of Nanjing Road, where all the luxury designers are!
- Enjoy afternoon tea at the Waldorf Astoria on the Bund. This Historic hotel offers one of the best tea experiences in Shanghai and the portions are more than enough to enjoy.
- River cruise on the Bund to see both sides of Shanghai’s Huangpu River.
Day 2, Morning:
- Breakfast at Liquid Laundry.
- Take a stroll down the scenic and naturesque French Concession District.
- Discover the Shanghai Museum.
- Visit the Peninsula Shanghai for their celebrated “Peninsula Afternoon Tea” offering a wide selection of teas as well as international and Asian treats.
- Dine at the luxurious Shanghai EDITION.
- Leave Shanghai via the Maglev high-speed train to the airport!
Cole and Kelsea Moscatel are the Founders and creators of elite taste-making venture Snob World, a luxurious store, travel and lifestyle blog which is a prime source for chic luxury living. You can follow Cole and Kelsea Moscatel from on their social media profile and blog where they shares their travel updates : Instagram | Blog
Pin it for later!